A kit of stainless steel testers to check the quality and integrity of wheel studs.
The Checkthread® Kit is a specifically engineered kit designed for workshop use to check the quality and integrity of a wheel stud and stud hole, as well as determining which correct nut type to be used with the wheel.
The Stainless Steel Checkthread® Testers are designed to identify wheel stud issues such as cracks, corrosion and stretched threads. The stud hole elongation tester is used to identify elongation or damage to the stud hole. Should damage to studs or stud holes be identified, inspect further and replace as per manufacturers recommendation.
These issues can all be a cause of wheel loss incidents and so a robust servicing procedure including the use of the Checkthread® Kit ensures that preventative maintenance has been carried out to minimise these risks.
Directions for use
- Thread Tester - Simply screw the correct size tester onto the wheel stud. Should any resistance occur inspect the stud for any damage such as stretching, cracking or corrosion.
- Stud Hole Elongation Tester - Push the SHET tool inside the stud hole to the depth of the corresponding size. If any obvious movement is possible then the stud hole has stretched and the wheel should be inspected.
- SPH/CON tool - Push each side of the tester against the stud hole and judge which sits flush to the hole in order to distinguish the type of nut is needed.
- Thread Tester – M18, M20, M22, Scania (7/8 UNF-11)
- Stud Hole Elongation Tester (SHET)
- SPH/CON Tool
Further sizes and kit combinations are available on request.
Checkthread® Kit provides a clear commitment to health and safety, and roadworthiness to other road users, and road and transportation associations such as: DfT, FORS, DVSA, HSE, FTA and RHA.